Time: 16:30 - 18:00
Straight from the Labs
This time in the new MCB Media Lab.
The Media Cluster is a productive ecosystem for ideas where 80 per cent of the companies introduce new innovations every year. The Cluster now counts around 100 members with expertise in media technology, augmented reality, graphics, and broadcasting.
Straight from the Labs takes you into the labs and back rooms of some of the world leading cluster member companies. You will have an unofficial preview of barely seen, digital solutions of the future, and receive first-hand knowledge about the new tools employed by the media industry.
Four future-oriented cases from the Cluster with new business models, virtual solutions, and journalism:
- NRK Beta - NRK Beta has a history of creating portable TV studios on boats, on trains and on the rear end of snowmobiles. But how do you build a complete multi-camera setup that you can carry on your back, while walking with Lars Monsen in the mountains of Norway?
- BT/Beat – What role can sound have in delivering news? BT and Beat are experimenting with new tech and new business models.
- Hubii – Presenting Hubii Mind, a fact checking platform built on top of the Ethereum Blockchain. Amongst other cases for journalism, Hubii is implementing a solution, together with the Global Editors Network, for the European Parliament election in 2019, to identify the publication of fake news.
- Vizrt – World leader in augmented reality and graphics, Vizrt demoes their latest, ground breaking tools.
Join us in the Media City Bergen Media Lab on Thursday May 2.
After the show you are welcome to stay and meet the companies
May 2, 4.30pm-6.00pm
Media City Bergen Media Lab (Tower 3, 9th floor)
4.30pm: Street food and bubbles
Aftershow: Drinks and mingling.
Entrance is free!
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Directions to Media City Bergen Media Lab (Tower 3, 9th Floor):
Entering From Lars Hilles Gate 30:
- Go down the stairs on your right when entering MCB
- Hold right and walk towards the restaurant area until you reach tower 3
- Event staff will guide you to the Media Lab.
Entering From Odd Frantzens Plass:
- Go left when entering MCB
- Walk towards the Friends of Food booths, and go to the right towards the restaurant.
- Tower 3 will be on your left, where event staff will guide you to the Media Lab.