Most Media Cluster members know Ketil well from Vimond, one of the key companies in the cluster. As a VP of Product Management, Ketil has been responsible for Vimond's award-winning workflow products. Before his almost ten years in Vimond, Ketil worked seven years for Bergens Tidende in editorial and technological positions. He also spent a year in Schibsted Norway's digital division, in charge of developing their online video technology.
Media Cluster Ambassador
Ketil knows the cluster and its members well and has been closely involved in several joint cluster projects over the years. He has also headed the NCE Media Advisory Board during the past four years. In 2019 Ketil was awarded Media Cluster Ambassador for his long-standing work to promote collaboration and innovation in the cluster.
– After being engaged in the media cluster as a member since the early days, I'm looking very much forward to join the organization as a full-time employee," Ketil says. "And after eight years in media and almost ten years in tech, it feels like a very natural next step to move into the sweet spot in the middle, Ketil says.
– Innovation through collaboration is something in which I genuinely believe. And looking at the Norwegian Media Cluster, I think it's easy to understand why. Repeatedly, we see member companies punching above their weight in an international market with fierce competition. And the synergies within the cluster – often between segments that don't naturally belong together – play a large part in this success. I'm truly excited about the opportunity to join in on innovative and collaborative projects on behalf of the cluster organization, and not the least: Getting to know even more of the great people and organizations within our great community first hand.
Ketil has set his goals for his first weeks in the cluster.
– A personal goal of mine is to get more members to show up at the numerous events, seminars, and workshops that Media City Bergen host every year. Too many are missing out on excellent (and heavily discounted) opportunities to learn from international capacities, and that's something we need to change. Finally, some of the companies that naturally belong in the cluster have not yet signed up. You know who you are and might expect a call from us soon, Ketil ends with a smile.
Ketil will be responsible for several of the cluster's upcoming joint projects and will continue his work with the NCE Media Advisory Board.
Media City Bergen also strengthens its organization with Charlotte Vindenæs, who joins as the new Event and Communications Manager. Charlotte comes from the position of Meeting & Event Manager at Scandic Hotels. She is quite used to a high pace and multiple events at once - just as in the Media Cluster.
Charlotte will be responsible for the approximately 90 annual events organized in the Media Cluster, as well as working with our strategic communication and position, both national and international. Like Ketil, Charlotte has her background in the Media Industry. Being an alumnus from the University of Bergen, she continued working for cluster Member Kulturoperatørene for several years before taking on the position at Scandic. Now she is back in the Media Industry.
– I am really looking forward to being a part of the MCB team. High pace, exciting events, inspiring projects, and people make me highly motivated for the tasks I have before me. I can’t wait to get to know all of the cluster companies and their unique stories. The team has already given me a warm welcome, and I am truly happy to onboard, Charlotte says.
A fantastic team
CEO of the Norwegian Media Cluster, Anne Jacobsen, is delighted to welcome the new additions to the cluster organization.
– I am absolutely thrilled to have Ketil and Charlotte join the Media Cluster team. Ketil has a deep understanding of the media industry and has built a vast network through a long-standing career at Vimond. He is familiar with the Media Cluster and has been a close partner to the cluster organization for years. In Ketil, we will have a real media professional who brings a wealth of experience to the cluster organization. I can't wait to have him dig into our projects and collaborations in the cluster together with our members.
– It is also an immense pleasure to have Charlotte on board. She has extensive communication and event management experience and has organized events of all sizes and shapes in her previous positions. She has an impressive work capacity and is a good relationship builder. I am also happy she enjoys writing and reporting, meaning that our members soon will have her on their door to do stories on innovations, news, and projects in the Media Cluster family, Jacobsen says.
You can reach Ketil at ketil(a)mediacitybergen.no and Charlotte at charlotte(a)mediacitybergen.no.